Tuesday 22 October 2013

£1 Nail Polish Removers

DISCLAIMER: All opinions are my own, and products have been bought with my own money.

While perusing the local Poundland I found some nail polish removers and thought I would give them a try.

I'm removing Sally Hansen's Haute Chocolate from my nails so this will be a baptism of fire for them.

SAM_4474
The Products

Nail Polish Remover Pads


SAM_4480
Nail Polish Remover Pads


SAM_4475
Inside the tub

When you open the tub the tub is covered with foil which you have to remove to get into the tub.

SAM_4477
Thickness of  remover pad
As you can see the pads weren't very thick so I wasn't expecting all that much from these.

SAM_4479
4 Pads for 1 Hand
I ended up using 4 of the wipes for just one hand, the wipes are quite thin and they seem to dry out quite quickly.

I wasn't that impressed with them but the nail varnish was on quite thickly, so there may be a round 2 coming up.


Nail Polish Remover Tub.

£1 Nail Polish Remover Tub
Nail Polish Remover Tub

SAM_4484
Inside the tub

Inside the tub you have a sponge that has been soaked in nail polish remover, it also has a split in the sponge so you can put your finger in to remove the polish from your nail (see image below)

SAM_4485
Split inside the tub
This worked quite well, I was surprised with how good this actually was (I was even surprised about the split in the sponge).

The remover does have acetone in so this won't be any help to anyone who have false nails on, but overall a brilliant remover and I will purchase this again especially when I am going away.

Nail Polish Corrector Pen 


SAM_4492
Nail Polish Corrector Pen
Once I repainted my nails it was time for the corrector pen to be tested.

SAM_4486
What the pen looks like
The corrector pen was really good, it worked well remove the polish from around the nails, but the only downfall is that it only comes with one nib, so the pen will only be good for 2 to 3 uses before it gets clogged with nail polish on the nib.

I would re-buy this but only if I'm going away and need a corrector pen.


Conclusions

Overall these were good products, I don't think I will buy the remover pads again but the pot and the corrector pen I will.

So if it's skint week and you want to do your nails on a budget these are a good idea.



Thanks for tuning in

Gemma
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment